Sunday, May 26, 2019

“Marriage is the best thing to have happened to me”, Prateik Babbar on life after marriage Skyfire & Rajinikanth “Marriage is the best thing to have happened to me”, Prateik Babbar on life after marriage Skyfire & Rajinikanth You never know where Prateik Babbar is going with his career. Just the other month we saw him playing a young militant in Anubhav Sinha’s Mulk. Prateik is now being seen playing the lead impressively in the web series Skyfire, a slick futuristic drama from Zee5 where Prateik just drops all defences to have fun with his role. Says Prateik, “We shot the whole series in just a couple of months without compromising on quality. And now the praise I am getting for my performance and for the series makes me feel I am finally getting there. Marriage has been lucky for me, I guess.” Barely out of shooting Skyfire, Prateik is already shooting another web series. “It’s called Virkar & The Anti-Social Network. It’s an adaptation of Piyush Jha’s novel. And for once I play a cop. I am not part of the anti-social network,” he jokes about all the negative roles which have been thrust on him of late like Baaghi 2, Mulk and now the big Tamil film Darbar where Prateik shares screen space with the mighty Rajinikant. “I am so honoured to be in the same frame as him. I’d have played anything they asked me just to be seen with Rajini Sir. Luckily for me I’ve a good role. It is again an anti-social’s role of a druggie and a criminal,” says Prateik. Speaking of drugs, Prateik has completely cleaned out his act. “It is my wife (Sanya Sagar). She is such a positive influence on me. I have stopped all negativity in my life. Now there is only love.” Prateik says he met his wife a decade back. “We connected socially. From an acquaintance she became a friend. Then she went away for some years. After that we got really close and decided to get married. Marriage is the best thing to have happened to me. It feels wonderful to again have someone to go back home to—I lost my beloved Naani (grandmother) some time back, But we literally get to see each other only in the night. She is busy with her work. I am shooting round-the-clock. I dreamt of this day when I’d be too busy for diversions. Now it’s really happened.” Prateik’s better-half is planning to turn filmmaker soon. “She has her script ready and she will direct it herself. Would she cast me? I hope she does! In fact I’m praying that she does. I am willing to go on the casting couch for her film. But knowing her she will only cast me if I’m suitable.” So when do we get to see Prateik and Sanya become parents? “Inshallah, soon. We are working on it,” is Prateik’s parting shot. Also Read: Whoa! Prateik Babbar roped in to play a VILLAIN opposite Rajinikanth http://bit.ly/2YOyMzc

No comments:

Post a Comment